Sending out hundreds of CV’s without getting a positive response? We have identified common mistakes that you could address to ensure you get the calls backs you deserve:
1. Choose a position and focus on that position during your search. By choosing one position you will ensure your CV reflects the relevant skills and you won’t waste your time by applying for numerous positions that don’t meet your requirements.
2. Set up your CV according to your choice and ensure you highlight your skills that meet the requirements for the position.
3. Never bad mouth previous employees or colleagues in an interview or on your CV. Ensure you are respectful and use appropriate reasons for leaving.
4. Ensure your most relevant position is placed first under your employment history to ensure the prospective employers immediately match you to their available position.
5. One of the most common mistakes are that candidates leave out their contact details on their CV’s. You might be the perfect candidate, but the hiring manager has no way of contacting you to arrange for an interview. Ensure that you add your contact number and email address on your CV.