POSITION: EXPORT SALES REPRESENTATIVE
CTC: R 514,615.48 PER ANNUM
START DATE: A.S.A.P
Our client, a world leader of building and construction materials is looking for a national Export Sales Representative to manage and optimize the entire Supply Chain of the Business Unit. They are looking for someone with steel purchasing, logistics and procurement experience. The position Based in Roodekop (Servicing Swaziland, Lesotho and all SA indirect export customers) and will be reporting to the Export Manager.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Tertiary qualification Sales and Marketing Degree or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ sales experience in the construction and finishing fields with a strong commercial focus
- Advanced excel experience would be an advantage
- Experience as an Export Sales Representative would be an advantage
- Ability to travel extensively within the Southern African Region
- Ability to work independently within set targets
- Ability to think critically and Analyse situations
- Problem solving ability.
- Customer focus/ Orientation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High Attention to detail
- Ability to manage conflict
- Ability to manage own time effectively and efficiently
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- To provide a superior level of service to our customers ensuring high levels of satisfaction and ongoing business security while seeking appropriate opportunities always for customer growth and development
- To build and maintain relationships with new and existing customers
- Continuously gather market information on customer’s projects and competitors within your area
- Conversion of architects, contractors and end users to the use of Marley Building Systems’ products
- Securing of projects to achieve sales targets
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Search for and report up to date information on market players, site jobs and business trends in his/her territory
- Perform customer segmentation and rating, applying BU criteria
Customer Orientation Development
- Monitor and report customers’ needs
- Build customers satisfaction, loyalty, and trust
- Solving customers’ problems related to products, systems or services
- Develop an understanding of the customers’ requirements using internal partners (Sales Administration, Production…) and propose improvement of working processes
Business Understanding and Development
- Analyze and report the business potential of his/her territory, including customers and prospects
- Monitor and achieve sales budgets
- Product and systems knowledge and application
- Sales Management
- Ensure customers’ orders are fulfilled in line with the companies OTIFIC standard
- Ensure sales service levels to customers comply with the companies CSL policy
- Regular customer visits within the 80/20 principle
- Ensure good inter-departmental relationships with the team within the BU.
- Ensure accurate quoting and pricing for projects.
- Ensure timeous completion of discount structures and contracts for customers and projects respectively
- Ensure that there is adequate communication to customer
- Proper interaction and communication with Marketing, Technical and Specifying departments to secure projects
- Monitor Sales and turnover and volumes against Sales budget.
- Monitor customer accounts and financial situations
- Resolve customer queries pertaining to payment of accounts.
- Ensure adequate cross function communication to minimize customer request for credit
- Ensure that customers discount structures are in line with their credit limits and volume purchases.
- Submit monthly financial reports as set out i.e. fuel cards, purchase card, etc.
- Manage kilometers and vehicle running costs.
- Manage cell phone usage and data costs
Export Documentation Administration
- Ensure compliance with regards to Export documentation
- Ensure compliance with different countries’ legislations in relation to exporting of goods
- Keep up to date with regards to Export legislation
Relation with other functions
- Work closely with Finance to monitor customers’ financial situation
- Technical Assistance, Logistics, and Sales Administration to ensure the quality of services to customers
- Marketing and Sales Managers to ensure up to date market knowledge and improvement of products and services
- Responsible for all safety aspects of your vehicle
- Obeying the rules of the road • Ensure you Keep speeding limits
- Ensure that you are always wearing your PPE when you visit any sites requiring it.
- Ensure a safety-first attitude using the visually felt leadership principles, whether at the plant or on site
- Self-motivated and High Energy Levels
- Willing to travel within the Southern African region
- Proactive, Results and deadline driven
- Excellent Inter and Intrapersonal Skills
- Commitment to excellence.
- Must have a valid Passport
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that applicants will be required to send through supporting documents before your application will be considered. If you would like to speed up the process, forward your CV with copies of your qualifications to the above email address.
If you haven’t heard from BSTS within 2 weeks of your application, please consider it unsuccessful for this position.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com