POSITION: FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN
CTC: R 33,000 PER MONTH +PENSION AND MEDICAL AID
START DATE: A.S.A.P
REF: B19: 12
Our client, the world’s largest manufacturers of construction machinery is on the market for a Field Service Technician who will be reporting to the Field service supervisor, the technician performs skilled tasks in the mechanical repair and maintenance of the company’s equipment.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Relevant Higher Certificate/ Certificate
- Trade Test and/or Technical Qualification (NQF 5) factory qualifications on earthmoving machines
- Minimum 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience with regards to trouble-shooting and problem solving electrical and mechanical problems.
- To perform this job successfully, the individual should have a general knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Word and Excel and diagnostic download programs
- Ability to work under pressure
- Customer Service skills
- Good understanding of equipment configuration, application and operation
- Maintaining punctual paperwork
- Problem solving
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures
- Time management
- Working as a team
- Able to work alone
- Brand loyal
- Personal appearance must reflect the standard of the brand
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude
- NO RELOCATION OFFERRED – Incumbent will have to reside on the East rand (not more than 40km from Head office (Springs)
- Driver’s license essential
ACCOUNTABILITIES / KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Facilitates efficient technical, engineering and after-sales service to customers.
- Diagnoses, overhauls, repairs, tunes, maintains and tests diesel powered Earthmoving equipment and machinery using specialized tooling and equipment.
- Prepares and submits detailed failure reports
RESPONSIBILITIES (BUT NOT LIMITED TO)
- Detects mechanical and electrical faults by using specialized tooling and equipment.
- Repairs and maintains hydraulic components of diesel-powered equipment and such attachments e.g. boom, sticks, buckets etc.
- Follows work assignments received in the form of general oral or written work instructions
- Determines the extent of the needed repair and determines the nature thereof
- Perform checks and services on a regular basis and detects possible faults and flaws on affected equipment
- Repairs and/or replaces and fit new sections or new parts
- Improvises necessary solutions as and when needed
- Travels from one site to another often in remote areas and at unusual work hours
- Works with specialized equipment to perform daily duty requirement
- Maintains a good level of physical health and fitness
- Maintains a legal vehicle driver’s license at all times
- Adheres to all health and safety legislation
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please forward your CV to email@example.com. Please note that applicants will be required to send through supporting documents before your application will be considered. If you would like to speed up the process, forward your CV with copies of your qualifications to the above email address.
If you haven’t heard from BSTS within 2 weeks of your application, please consider it unsuccessful for this position.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org