POSITION: IT SECURITY MANAGER
CTC: R 740,000 PER ANNUM
START DATE: A.S.A.P.
EE/AA: NON EE/AA
The main purpose of this job is to manage the development and implementation of the organisation’s IT security.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- A relevant university degree or national diploma or more than 8 years IT security experience.
- Appropriate security certifications, such as CISSP, MCSA/MCSE: Security (Microsoft), CCSP (Cisco) and/or certifications from vendors or more than 8 years IT security experience.
- Minimum 5 years of broad-based security systems implementation experience.
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated management/supervisory experience in systems development/integration/ implementation.
- Experience with security architecture related to protocols such as SNMP, HTTP, SOAP, SOA, Web Services.
- Knowledge of network and server security, including firewalls, VPN, Anti-Virus, Patch Management, Vulnerability Management, Privilege Account Management etc.,
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS INCLUDE:
- Provide IT security guidance and leadership for the company.
- Proactively identify security risk and take action to implement improvements or mitigation plans.
- Develop, maintain and enforce security policies, procedures and standard for the organisation.
- Coordinate information security inspections, tests and reviews.
- Provide security related advise to projects or initiatives working with project managers, architects, and other project team members to define metrics and performance goals for security solutions.
- Work with other supplier’s specialists and architects to ensure the security components integrate with the work of other work streams (Network, Operations. Solutions Delivery and Software Testing), fulfill the requirements, and meet quality and performance goals.
- Participate in quality management reviews, in particular design reviews.
- Oversee and administer security systems and applications.
- Work with Security Architects to ensure that the developed and deployed capabilities align with the business architecture and meet organisation’s goals.
- Lead developing security component build plans (security technology, operations, and management) to support the construction of the security architecture, ensuring that it meets the requirements and adhere to the implementation leading practice guidelines.
- Lead the integration of the security components (security technology, operations, and management) as defined in the detailed design / requirements.
- Review and integrate the security architecture requirements for production and sub-production environments.
- Assist in defining and reviewing the requirements for, component, assembly, integration and functional and performance testing.
- Participate in extending the conceptual design of the overall security solution by integrating the components into a detailed design.
- Inform the security architect and project manager of any issues that may affect security or other areas of the project.
- Manage the delivery and performance of IT security staff.
- Optimise section resource use, allocates work and manages the accountability of resources, providing input into cost management.
- Supports the development and career growth of staff, including input into the priority development needs of staff.
- Identifies security gaps, inefficiencies, quality issues in the work of the section and takes specific actions to implement improvements.
- Facilitates collaboration with other departments /sections and functions impacting on work
- Develops short-term (annual, quarterly adjusted) work plans in line with department/ function business plans
- Aligns the section staff with plans and performance expectations.
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that applicants will be required to send through supporting documents before your application will be considered. If you would like to speed up the process, forward your CV with copies of your qualifications to the above email address.
If you haven’t heard from BSTS within 2 weeks of your application, please consider it unsuccessful for this position.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com