POSITION: PRODUCT SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
CTC: MARKET RELATED
START DATE: A.S.A.P
A leading manufacturer of agricultural implements in the South African market is on the market for a Product Support Technician to be responsible for promoting, training, commissioning, advising, maintaining and repair of the Amazone range of agricultural equipment in the field and at the factory, both nationally and into Africa, according to agreed company objectives.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Approximately 4-6 years’ experience in the agricultural technical service / support industry on tractors and / or other specialized agricultural implements
- Have a formal qualification in the Mechanical, Instrumentation, Fitting, Agricultural field
- Technical experience relating to diagnostics / trouble shooting of GPS, mechanical, electronic and hydraulic systems
- Ability to read prints and schematics
- Be customer orientated and have strong interpersonal skills
- To have strong communication skills: written and verbal
- Be fully bilingual in Afrikaans and English
- To be able to work independently and manage time efficiently and effectively
- Be computer literate (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
RELATIONSHIPS AND ROLES
- To demonstrate the ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees, dealers and end users
- To build trust, value others, communicate fluently and effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on delivery to customers, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all support departments
- Ensure that a correct and proper image of the Company is maintained always.
KPA – KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Analyse, investigate and resolve product failures
- To take a leading role in trouble shooting and solving electronic, hydraulic and mechanical technical matters both at the factory and in the field
- To commission and install products and to provide Customer Support and training to both Dealers and end users
- To be responsible for analyzing customer requirements and issuing of quotations in line with the requirements
- To be responsible for administration of record keeping, expenses and job cards
- To oversee all training needs of the Falcon Regional Sales Managers and factory staff and to assist and advise where necessary
- To provide telephone, face-to-face and online support to customers
- To ensure users can use the equipment by providing personal tuition and self-help instructions
- To arrange demo days and to ensure that the implements are set-up correctly
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that applicants will be required to send through supporting documents before your application will be considered. If you would like to speed up the process, forward your CV with copies of your qualifications to the above email address.
If you haven’t heard from BSTS within 2 weeks of your application, please consider it unsuccessful for this position.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com