POSITION: SHIPPING ASSISTANT/ACCOUNTS CLERK
CTC: R 15,000 (NEGOTIABLE) +13TH CHEQUE
START DATE: A.S.A.P
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Grade 12
- A shipping and financial background with at least 3 years shipping experience;
- Computer literacy is essential
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- In possession of a valid driver’s license
- Main function will be to assist in the:
- Planning and executing of export orders to optimize resource utilization:
- Pro-forma invoices
- Export bookings
- Ensuring LCs are drawn up according to pro-forma invoices and to ensure conditions can be met
- Organizing the release and dispatch of containers
- Export haulage instructions
- Planning and coordinating of packing at different facilities to ensure shipments are effected within the required periods
- Tracking of cargo until discharge port
- Drawing up and submitting of documentation to bank as per requirements to ensure payments are effected asap.
- Liaison with transporters, warehouses, shipping lines and clearing agents
- Keep records of (export) transaction according to statutory regulations
- Liaisons with international customers and management daily;
- Assist in costing and budgeting
- Distribution and reporting information internally/externally when required to do so;
- Export permits
- Other ad hoc and administrative duties
This position will include some financial responsibilities at clerk level.
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that applicants will be required to send through supporting documents before your application will be considered. If you would like to speed up the process, forward your CV with copies of your qualifications to the above email address.
If you haven’t heard from BSTS within 2 weeks of your application, please consider it unsuccessful for this position.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com